Ski & snowboard paradise
Obertauern is one of the TOP ski resorts in Austria!
As one of the highest resorts in Salzburg, lying between 1,600 and 2,536 metres above sea level, Obertauern enjoys its fair share of sunshine.
The valley basin around Obertauern is also known for its abundance of snow. Thanks to our unique location, you can look forward to guaranteed snow throughout the winter season.
While other ski resorts have to make snow every day, the Obertauern winter wonderland offers perfect skiing conditions on natural snow. All thanks to the bounty of Mother Nature.
- Network of more than 100 kilometres of ski slopes
- Since you are already on the mountain, there is no need to queue to go up with the many other visitors.
- No queues or large crowds at the lifts; our hotel is located right next to the Zentralbahn cable car.
- The long winter season from November right up until May offers ample opportunity to avoid the high season.
- In Obertauern, most of our lifts are open-air chair lifts, so there's no need to spoil your fun taking off your gear to board the gondola lifts.
Your perfect winter holiday has never been so close: boundless fun on the slopes, rustic cosiness, breathtaking views and nights that are worth sleeping in for. Once Obertauern, forever Obertauern.
In other words: TO EACH HIS OWN OBERTAUERN.